Carol Platt Liebau: A Creative Way to Encourage English-speaking?

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A Creative Way to Encourage English-speaking?

This is a quirky little piece about the frustration being experienced by those who don't read English -- and are therefore forced to wait for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" to be translated into a bevy of other languages.

It's going to take a year or so for the Spanish translation to appear . . . could this be a plot to encourage wide-spread English-speaking? ;)

In any case, it will be worth the wait. JK Rowling has earned every penny she's made on these incredibly creative, exciting and wholesome children's books. I've read a few of them (installments 1-3), and it's like being transported to another world. I remember that feeling when I read "Little Women" as a young girl -- and it's easy to see why young fans are lining up for the books. How I wish I could have met Louisa May Alcott!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google