Carol Platt Liebau: No Draft <i>Dodger</i>

Friday, November 25, 2005

No Draft Dodger

In fact, quite the opposite. How bizarre is it that New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson -- almost certainly a presidential contender -- has been lying for years about having been drafted by the Kansas City A's? Recently, apparently, after "research" into the matter (what did he do, consult his memory?) he's announced that, in fact, he never was drafted. Okaaay.

Doesn't this remind you a bit of Hillary Clinton's fable about having been named after Sir Edmund Hillary?

What's with these people?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I told them I had been drafted. They printed it in the media guide. When I saw it in the media guide, I believed I had been drafted."

Too funny! Will Jay Leno or David Letterman have a field day with this or not?

My prediction: this will pass without impact.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He'll be in good company in the 2008 Democratic primary, with H. Clinton (Rose Law Firm billing records), Biden (plagiarist), Kerry (I spent Christmas in Cambodia), ...

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google