Carol Platt Liebau: Men of Honor

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Men of Honor

Here is a story well worth reading.

I know several of the figures mentioned -- most notably, one on the side of those who were reluctant to go as far as David Addington wanted in asserting presidential prerogatives. No doubt there are men of honor on both sides of the controversy.

The person in the story that I know best (who was on the Comey-Goldsmith side of hte divide) is a person of unimpeachable integrity and conservative credentials. Suffice it to say that if he has had misgivings about any of the assertions of presidential powers, then there are questions that need to be explored.

3 Comments:

Blogger LadybugUSA said...

Dan:

I have to disagree. I know people on both sides of the controversy in the linked story.

Believe me, they are brilliant. Truly brilliant. And they are patriots.

Whatever problems the Bush administration may have, they've nothing to do with the intellects of (at least some of) the people discussed in this story.

6:21 PM  
Blogger HouseOfSin said...

I'm a toddler going into the deep end on this (being neither attorney nor that up on the story). But Carol, my experience is that dumb and clueless are not the same thing.

In software development (to name just one place), it's very possible for someone to be a near-genius or higher and be obscenely naive or clueless about some key issues.

Saying someone is "brilliant" may be true, but that doesn't make said genuis wise.

I eagerly await your wrath and scorn, O Great Carol.

6:57 PM  
Blogger LadybugUSA said...

Actually, I agree with your comment. I knew people in law school who were plenty brilliant, but didn't know to come out of the rain without an umbrella. The people I'm referring to above, however, are not among them.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google