Carol Platt Liebau: Passing the Bar

Monday, February 20, 2006

Passing the Bar

This story recalled the nightmare days during the summer of 2000 when I was studying for the California bar.

Somehow, I passed on my first try, but it was an ugly, ugly experience. For some reason -- perhaps it's the sheer volume of the material or the infinite number of questions that can be asked -- failure always seems like the likeliest outcome (I was also convinced that I woudl fail the Missouri bar when I took it back in 1992).

In any case, I wish all the luck in the world to the hapless crew who are in the middle of the ordeal. Blessings on all of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Cox said...

One of my goals is to get licensed in California and return to my beloved SoCal, but the prospect of taking the California bar exam is terrifying, to say the least. Even the Indiana bar exam (which I passed on my first try, thank Gawd) is little more than a legalized hazing, particularly the Multistate, that doesn't really test your proficiency. But I've heard stories about the California bar exam that make capture by al Qaida seem preferable.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google