Carol Platt Liebau: A Culinary Nightmare . . .

Saturday, March 18, 2006

A Culinary Nightmare . . .

Here's an entertaining piece from The Washington Post, suggesting that America has become a nation of "culinary illiterates."

Hm. As someone who has had to have the fire department come twice for oven fires (once, back during my days in Washington, D.C., it even momentarily seemed that evacuation of my apartment building might be necessary), it would be great to find some of those basic cooking classes that the story references . . .

As for people finding 7-ingredient recipes optimal, well, I'm a 4-ingredient girl myself. It's just demoralizing to spend a lot of time preparing a dish that's devoured in one minute -- or even in 15.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bachbone said...

How about just 3 ingredients? Give me baseball, hot dawgs and apple pie!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Bachbone: You eat baseballs?

Carol: Charming and endearing. I believe that food + heat = cooking.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Bachbone said...

Ruth Anne: At one time in my life, BBBS (Before Barry Bonds and Steroids), I was accused of eating, sleeping and living baseball. Then, sadly, my arm went out.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google