Carol Platt Liebau: Thank You, Ladies!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thank You, Ladies!

Last week in this piece, I complained that an insufficient number of adult women were speaking out against the pantyless partying antics of starlets like Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan.

Well, I'm happy to note that Camille Paglia and Bette Midler have both criticized the behavior.

No doubt I disagree with both Paglia and Midler on many things, but I do appreciate the fact that they have standards. Thank you, ladies.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Flomblog said...

Bette M. has one thing these others cannot even begin to understand --- Talent!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Marshal Art said...

The divine Miss M did have her day, but it didn't go quite as far as these youngsters. I don't, however, feel that there's such a thing as "just a little sluttiness" that gives one room to talk. But then, so many of us have grown up and "repented". Her position on this is appreciated.

10:51 PM  
Blogger The Flomblog said...

The Divine Miss M ALWAYS had her tongue in her cheek. Her work, when serious, was superb, when humerous or racy was satire at it's best.

When I look at the divas of my day, they understood the word class. Even Cher and Barbra - both of whom I have serious disagreement with, understood where the line need be drawn as regards to filth.

Ella, Ella, will we ever have another Ella?

9:51 PM  
Blogger Marshal Art said...

I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiments. I just think that the induendo has led to more graphic displays, with the current crop of trollops being the natural progression. In other words, I'm not truly surprised that it's come to this.

In light of the above, would anyone even give an Ella the time of day today?

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google