Carol Platt Liebau: Cruel, Tasteless, Crass & Appalling

Friday, January 12, 2007

Cruel, Tasteless, Crass & Appalling

That's the only way to characterize the ridiculous Barbara Boxer's jibe at Condoleezza Rice for being a childless woman.

"Who pays the price? I'm not going to pay a personal price," Boxer said. "My kids are too old, and my grandchild is too young."

Then, to Rice: "You're not going to pay a particular price, as I understand it, with an immediate family."


So much for all the feminist solidarity, where women aren't supposed to be attacked or penalized -- especially by other women -- for making "non-traditional" life choices! And how unkind . . . given that Boxer has no idea whether Rice's single state and childlessness is involuntary or not.

The entire statement reflects an annoying feature of the Democratic mindset, specifically, the idea that one can't really know or care about an issue (or have a credible opinion on it) unless s/he somehow has a personal investment in it or personal experience with it (perhaps it's related to the left's mania for finding "victim advocates" like Cindy Sheehan).

In any case, Boxer owes Condoleezza Rice an apology -- not just for her crass tactlessness, but also for the implication that she wouldn't care about Iraq casualties so long as her own family is safe. Speak for yourself, Senator . . . not all of us think or feel that way . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger JohnnyT. said...

As an unfortunate CA voter unable to rid our U.S. Senate of the likes of this Senator, I apologize. As a person born right between the conflicts of Korea and Viet Nam,again I apologize. When I was around 18 years old the U.S. was fighting in Grenada, El Salvador, Panama, and places like that. Looking back I understand all these stances were important, but at the time I did not feel a great call to duty,or feel that these places were the right place to make a stand for good against evil. In my own youthful ignorance I was idealistic and nihilistic.
As I have grown up, and yes Senator Boxer, have a family, now the call to do battle against evil and tyranny is very strong. Unfortunately, I am now too old to go and fight, which I would gladly do if there was someone here to take care of my family. So I do the next best thing, support our President's decisions and our armed services by working hard and paying taxes, and being prepared to defend our homeland if and when this threat comes home to roost.
People like Senator Boxer can see no further than the end of their noses, and I feel are unqualified to lead our country when their own self preservation seems to be the only thing on their minds.
The liberals always act like those going into the military are going there to die. Nobody wants to die for their country on purpose, unfortunately sometimes that happens, accidents can happen anywhere.
The brave young men and women who feel the call to defend our country should be the ones to say. Boxer, Pelosi and Feinstein know what they would do. The highest praise and honor to the former, and the lowest shame and revulsion for the latter.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google