Carol Platt Liebau: The Softening Effects of Time

Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Softening Effects of Time

Imagine my surprise when my father-in-law informed me that my picture is in the LA Times today. In fact, there's a picture of the entire Harvard Law Review staff from Vol. 104 of the Review (1990-91) attached to this story covering Barack Obama's tenure as President of the Harvard Law Review. Although we were there together for only one of his two years, it strikes me that, once again, the passage of time has had the salutary effect of softening memories. As a conservative in an overwhelmingly liberal institution, my recollection was that the presidential race always came down to a calculation about the lesser of two evils.

1 Comments:

Blogger LQ said...

Alright Carol, you've got me curious. Where are you in the picture?
I have that left-wing rag in front of me, but I'm not sure which one is you:)

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google