Carol Platt Liebau: Romney's In

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Romney's In

Here's Mitt Romney's announcement.

Jill Lawrence discusses the impact Romney's Mormon faith might have on his campaign. It will be interesting and revealing to see how willing Americans are to look at (or past) a faith with which many may disagree.

That being said, it seems to me that it's essentially irrelevant whether one agrees theologically with every tenet of the Mormon faith. I certainly don't -- but I could happily support Romney.

Why? Look at the fruit of the tree. Whether it's his policies -- or the type of life he's led -- it seems to me that his faith has only improved Mitt Romney. Isn't that what matters most when we're evaluating, not a potential theologian in chief, but a presidential candidate?

2 Comments:

Blogger stackja1945 said...

I do not know any of the tenets of the Mormon faith.
But Mitt Romney is a More Man than many others. JFK did not follow the Vatican's instructions. Did any other Presidents follow his church's instructions? The church-state debate is meaningless. The atheist left is more of a problem then the so-called religious right.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Marshal Art said...

I'll reserve judgement until I hear him explain his past actions regarding social issues.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google